In October of 2006, we finally got our piece of the pie. We planned on enjoying it for at least 5 years.
Since Bryan is already employed with Worktopia but will not move there until June, he "gets" to travel to NY every few weeks. Last week we both went so that we could hopefully find housing for us when we move. We knew it would be a feat, only having a short amount of time, and not wanting to move (or pay) until at least May, hopefully June (rentals are listed and then gone within days).
To say the trip did not go as planned would be an understatement. I got food poisoning right off the plane (beware of Burger King in the LaGuardia airport!) and spent the next few days in bed. I am so thankful for my mom making the trip, and spending it with Charlie and 4 walls. The hardest part of being sick for me was not the obvious, but that I didn't get to have fun with her. When I was finally able to step foot out of the hotel, we attempted to check out the local towns, but ended up lost and in a crummy deli. We had some awkward conversations with locals, and our own conversation was nil because all my effort was spent fighting back tears. I was trying so hard (too hard) to picture what life would be like when we moved, and the picture wasn't pretty. Don't start feeling sorry for me, the story gets better.
Finally, the clouds began to clear (literally too) on Thursday and I spent 2 days with Bryan's boss's wife, who is a real estate agent, looking for housing. I'm not sure if having a baby or trying to find housing in 2 days is more exhausting. Every place had it's quirks, from the price, to laundry being outside, space, location....you name it. I was content with a couple of places and didn't even want to see the last place, but to appease Bryan, I did. And loved it.
Maybe I was delirious at this point for choosing an apartment above a restraunt, but after weighing all that we saw we are thrilled that we get to live here. I had prayed weeks before we came that the Lord would let us find an affordable (ok, this term is completely relative, and laughable), functional 3 BR. As we were looking I began to think that my expectations had been too high, so this place was such a suprising answer to prayer.
So, you have an open invitation to visit any time, and you have your own room!
2 comments:
This is very cool: CNN/Money and Money magazine ranked Larchmont 11th on its list of the 100 Best Places to Live in the United States.
And you're 19 miles from Manhattan! You can buy a brand new classic dress there with all the $ you made at the consignment store!
Can't wait to see pictures of your new place. More importantly, does it come with super-cool neighbors like your current home does?! Don't gooooo! ;)
How far is the trip to NYC? We make there every other month or so. We'll have a Southerners meet up, okay?
Post a Comment