Thursday, June 11, 2009

stats


Simultaneous 6 month and 2 year doctor appointments (in a thunderstorm mind you), and I survived. whew.

It actually went much better than expected. Charlie cried through all of the weighing and measuring, but stopped when he got his finger pricked! He was fascinated by the red drops coming from his finger. He furrowed his brow, put it right up against his finger, and in amazement kept saying "red? red?". The nurse and I couldn't stop laughing.

height: 34 ish, weight: 27 something (he wasn't very cooperative, so everything was pretty much a guessing game), putting 2 and 3 words together...

And sweet Sam. He was just happy to be there -as long as I was holding him.

length: I have no idea......I think I was consoling Charlie? weight: 14 lbs, 10ish oz
He just started sitting up, and desperately trying to scoot - with no results yet.

I'm sure he looks larger than 14 pounds in pictures (like the one here, chubs sporting the bandaids, eh?), but truth is, he really is a little guy. Just as the spit-ups calmed a bit (took him off meds at 5 months), he became completely uninterested in eating. He would rather be doing anything but sitting still! Thankfully the doc says he's growing fine (and actually is the same size his brother was at 6 months).

I'm glad to know my boys are thriving, but I'd be lying if I said that part of me didn't wish I could put a brick on their heads and slow things down a bit. 6 months? 2 years? really??




6 comments:

becca said...

aw - love those little chubs!
and yes i totally agree about the brick thing... its going by way too fast! =)

Gina said...

I just can't wait to hold those chubs!!

Anonymous said...

Oh those chubs are totally nommable!

peggyc said...

yeee! i loves! gimme gimmeee

April Brown said...

I've wondered for several years now where your thighs went... :) Could I have Sam for dinner...he's so juicy!

Can't wait to get my hands on those boys. I've got the plastic pool filled, waiting on my favorite people!

The Shulls said...

Oh my.... I bet those little chubs are so soft... you're torturing us with those pictures and not being able to hold those precious boys!

analytics

Blog Archive