
My dad has always written me notes. Sometimes they are long and wordy, sometimes short and sweet. I still have all of them in a box. They pushed out all the old boyfriend memorabilia, thankfully.
I don't think it was very fun parenting me around ages, oh...12 to 15. I was an emotional know-it-all with a 'smart' mouth. I would stomp away to my room in disagreement with my parents often. But before I even had time to pop in a mixed tape I would see my dad's cursive on my bed. The words usually said something like "you know, I've never done this parenting thing before.......so sometimes maybe I'm not even making the best decision........but I'm your father and I love you.......so this is why......and I pray the Lord works through it.....and he will because He says.....".
It would pierce my heart every time.
Thanks for writing, Dad.
You make me want to write too.
2 comments:
He really loves his kids!!
this is really beautiful, angie. i've said it before, but you are a gifted writer.
how blessed you are to have a dad who loved you well through those years...and continues to!
Post a Comment