Friday, June 12, 2009

i heart surprises

I love surprises. I really do. But it is hard to surprise me. I was always the child who found her presents before Christmas, even peeling the tape oh-so-carefully as to not rip the paper so that it could be put back. even making my brother open a present too so that he couldn't tell on me.

But I've come a long way. When Bryan told me not to open any packages that came to the door before my birthday next week I agreed.

and I've stuck to it.

haven't opened any packages.

nope, not a one.

not even this big fat one that came today...

I have a feeling though that he did really good.

11 comments:

Liz said...

you sound like me when I was little..i always knew what I was getting...careful to put the tape back just so! It sure looks like he did good..

Gina said...

I see Charlie got his bug shirt. Did you see the Charlie bug.
I wonder what Bryan got you

Elizabeth Mather said...

Loved the post. :-) Josh and I got a good laugh after reading it. Charlie looks like he is enjoying the box also.

amy said...

so sweet...jon always tries to surprise me, and it never works. i always figure it out. my heart just groaned for your hubs. sweet man. enjoy your cuisinart!!

Anonymous said...

so much fun! It looks like Charlie is having fun with your B'day present too! Have fun in the kitchen!

The Dettling's said...

I love it! I've given up being surprised and just told Aaron 2 weeks before my birthday what I was going to do this year and then we did it...mani/pedi, massage, dinner at Brio with friends! I hope you have a wonderful birthday also! Aren't June birthdays the best...perfect 1/2 year celebrations after Christmas! :) Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love surprises when I don't know they are coming. If I do know? Then I just HAVE to figure it out.

My husband has managed to surprise me a handful of times. They always made me happy, but only if I don't know they are coming.

And what a great gift!

Cindy said...

Oooo, I want one of those for my birthday!

April Brown said...

Bryan is such a spoiler...he always gets you the perfect gift!! I'm not calling you until June 25th...that's the birth date Leah and I thought you should've had long ago!! :)

The Shulls said...

AWESOME!!!! How sweet... at least he tried hard to surprise you! I love to see Charlie enjoying the surprise too!

You are going to LOVE that machine!!!!! (My life completely changed after I got it this year, :D)

jessica said...

That is so funny! What did Bryan say when he saw the box? If that is what the box says it is, then you will LOVE it! Best kitchen tool ever!!
Happy (early) Birthday!

analytics

Blog Archive