Tomorrow is the big day.
two. years. old.

I love the twinkle that seems to be constantly in his eyes.
Everything is exciting - going to the park for the 52nd time, seeing a puppy on the sidewalk, even helping me unload groceries is like Christmas morning to him.
Keeping up with him makes me feel old, but seeing the world through his eyes makes me feel like a kid again.
He loves to "read";
actually loves anything to do with letters and numbers.
He has known them for months now without much teaching (though much thanks to Sesame Street and gang!) and points them out everywhere we go. He sees them in spaghetti noodles, half-eaten cheerios ("c!"), shadows.....literally, everywhere.
He also has quickly learned his colors, his favorite so far being orange (like his dad).
And sports? Where do I begin in describing how much he loves anything to do with a ball?!
and trucks, cars, motorcycles....anything with wheels......
It is a morning ritual to watch trucks back into the alley outside his window - trucks that Bryan and I loathe (beep....beep....beep, at 6:30 in the morning).
Though most little boys may tell you "vroom...." when asked what a truck sounds like, our little city boy says "beep....beep...beep".
and a car? "honk, honk".
Yes, a NY city boy.

Thus far he is very much an extrovert - waving and saying "hi" to everyone on the street and trying to play with every child at the park. Where did that come from?
I pray he is always unconditional with his love.
One thing I do know, is my love will always be just that~
unconditional.


15 comments:
Happy Birthday Charlie! I miss your curls, but love your haircut.
you take the best pictures!!
Happy Birthday to Charlie! 2 is a fun age!
Where has the time gone?!! I cannot believe he is 2 already. Happy, Happy Birthday Charlie. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!
Aunt Hibbet :-)
happy birthday sweet charlie!!
happy birthday, sweet boy! kudos to your wonderful mama! -peggyc
I can't believe CharlieBaby is 2!!!! I love the pictures that show his feet...just a little reminder that he's not too grown up :)
Got your voicemail...shoo with a big exaggerated wipe across my forehead! :)
Happy birthday, Charlie Boy! Enjoy all the special attention on your day and everyday that your gigi and pop and lacey are there! You are such a blessing to us..miss you!
Happy Birthday my sweet Charlie Baby!!
He is seriously the cutest thing. And although the curls are gone, his big boy haircut is super cute!
Angie
I can't believe Charlie is already 2!! He is such a beautiful boy! I love the picture of Charlie reading to Sam (I love the look on baby Sams face! If only we knew what he was thinking about!!) I hope you are enjoying your mom, dad and lacey being there!! BTW- I love the crib! Where is it from? ~Whitney
Happy Birthday Big Man! Wish we were there with you guys! :)
Happy Birthday Charlie!!!
can't believe charlie is 2... means my baby is about to be 2 too... hope y'all have so much fun celebrating!
oh i wish elliot could be little buddies with him!!
happy birthday from all of us!!
happy late birthday charlie!!!
Post a Comment