It probably seems that my boys must run around naked all the time around here.
almost.
but not quite.
I just like to take pictures of them in their diapers because to me it speaks so much about this phase of life I am in. that they are in.
Two diaper butts, two pot-bellies, four rubber band wrists, and four chubs (as I so affectionately like to call their thighs).
Hundreds of swish-shwoosh-swish crinkles I hear throughout my day as Charlie's inhabited diaper runs past my knees.
I never want to forget that sound.
Who knew I could get so sentimental over diapers???
This post was originally intended to be about brothers.

As I was changing Samuel one day I thought his doughnut thighs were especially cute so I grabbed my camera, stripped Charlie down as well and let them play on the bed. Charlie was beyond thrilled.
Maybe if it was more planned I would have brushed his hair? Nah.
*that is, indeed, Sam's crazy belly button. It is an umbilical hernia, which is already disappearing.
He smothers him with "love", so I have to direct him ~ gentle tickles, kisses, and high-fives.
He also loves to mimic him.....
and share...

and mimic Bryan and I by getting in his face with googly talk ~

I can't believe I had my camera when he decided to grab Sam's hand and pray with him. I only knew what he was doing because he loves when we pray at dinner (reminding Bryan if we, umm......skip it). I don't think Sam minded that it was a mumbled "thank you for the meal...".
You may think this all looks a little...
dangerous?
I guess I don't need to explain why all of these are blurry and out of focus, but let me see...one hand on camera, one hand referee-ing, one super-excited toddler and one innocent bundle of a baby.
I'm sure he is questioning my judgement here ~

last shot!
No worries. Baby was rescued.
And then Daddy came home (previous post).
12 comments:
love the pictures! Lily Kate has an umbilical hernia too. Her's hasn't gone down much and the doctor told us we need to pray it does or she will have to have surgery when she turns 2 :(.
Thanks for saving Sam. This is what they will do for the next 10 years. What fun!
we sure are in fun times right now aren't we?!
i love the one of charlie copying sam with his legs up in the air
bec
Love those cute boys! What fun mom they have!
Love the pictures Angie!
what fun memories for you and the boys... what a sweet life. love your posts.
Love it!!! I laughed out loud!! I agree with your mom- sam will soon learn how to fight back and if he is like Caleb he will be the one to win!!! I told seth last year I needed a referee outfit with Terrell on the back because that is what I do most of the day-and do not fear there is lots of play fighting going on too- done in love!! miss you
Angie,
I hope you don't mind, I've been taking a look at your blog weekly for a while now (before your big move) b/c there is a link to it from Leah's (her sister-in-laws too, it is a read as well!). I enjoy reading you well written commentary to all your amazing pictures (was journalism your major?, seriously?) Most recently, I must admit “My Favorite Time of the Day” brought tears to my eyes! May I ask you about your camera? It’s obvious you love it!!! Would you recommend the same model/brand? Before you answer that should I ask if you have had prior experience with photography? I took classes in high school but would love to get back into it but want to go digital. You "work" is truly inspiring! I hope all is well for you & your family as it seems to be! Take care and hope to hear from you soon,
Molly Norris Hasenfuss
mollynorris@hotmail.com
so sweet, angie! thank you for sharing your cuties and your thoughts with us. i love how you see your life! so inspiring.
This is adorable! Your kids will cherish these photos.
I just came over from your comment on Shutter Sisters. I LOVE this entire series of shots. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!
I am just visiting from your Shutter Sisters comment as well, and I just had to post. Your boys are adorable! What a great photoshoot!
Post a Comment