Wednesday, April 15, 2009

last words on four. really.

For the record...

We had Samuel's 4 month check-up this morning. Little guy is 24 3/4 inches, 12 lbs. 11 oz. He seems to spit up as much as goes in, but thankfully he is gaining fine.

He was ticked about his shots - more so than I have ever seen either of the boys. He didn't fully calm down until we got home, even though I had tried feeding him, walking him...everything. I learned that he and I share the not-so-attractive trait of becoming splotchy all over when we cry. I even had to ask the doctor if that was indeed what it was and not a reaction to the shot! Sorry Sam, I would have skipped that gene if I had any control over it. 

Though, through all of that, I may have felt more sorry for Charlie.  He was so excited about going - talking about the doctor the whole way there - but once in the room he became extremely worried. He kept asking "Mom?" (is this ok?) as the doctor was checking Sam out, and then "Mom?" (don't leave me) if the doctor happened to get in between he and I. I held his hand more than I did Sam's. I don't look forward to his upcoming 2 year appointment. eek. 

On a different note, you can mark my words that my boys will learn the Southern charm of opening doors for women. Especially for women with crying babies and a huge limo of a double stroller trying to get through a tiny door all while fighting the bitter wind and cold. geesh. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet Sam. I hate Shots!! I hate when our babies have to have them!!! I have the lovely gene too while breaking out due to crying and getting nervous:-)(so do the twins) I know lovely:-) Also, sweet Zeke has it too. I wonder if it skips the first and goes to th 2nd? Yes, Yes, the boys will hold the doors open for ladies. Please tell me someone opened the door for you and your crew. Love you!

analytics

Blog Archive