Thursday, January 22, 2009

fighting the cold

It's cold. really cold. But today, since it warmed to a balmy 26 degrees, we decided to take a little trip. 

to the back porch. 

I found a cute hat for Charlie a few months ago at a consignment shop for $4. It's intended for next year because it is so big on him, but I pulled it out today anyway. 

He wanted to check it out himself, so I thought it a good time to snap a shot of our adventurous spirit. 
No. I'm not pregnant again. It's just that little bit doesn't like to miss anything. He is attached to me. literally. by choice ~ his choice. ahem

This actually isn't the first day we've made the trek. Even being in the single digits we have played in the snow a little each day. 

So, Charlie actually asks to play in the snow now, and gets really excited about it. 

At some point today he realized that his hat was really to big. 


And I realized I should have put the bigger coat on him. 

So we made our way inside. He then had another great idea. 
Really, the idea was all his. He spotted his swimming pool in the storage room and asked for it. I didn't mind ~ it's healthier than hot chocolate. 
And where was little bit?

7 comments:

Whitney said...

i'm sorry your "balmy" is 26 degrees. That is cold!! I love the hat... room to grow. And I could just eat Charlies and his little chunky legs up!! He is so beautiful. I love the picture of the bebe too. He is gorgeous too. They didn't stand a chance. stay warm. miss you love you! ~whitney

katie said...

i'm not as impressed that you went outside as much as i am by your ability to continue with these beautiful blog posts. i'm thankful though... i need daily reminders that your life isn't how it was when you left us here. ;)
i want to be there with you!!!

Elizabeth Mather said...

Sounds like fun Angie! You are a fun Mom- glad to hear how things are going. Would love to see y'all- though warmer temperatures would be nice! :-)

amy said...

LOVE the picture of charlie getting in the tub. :)

Gina said...

Thanks for letting me see your day. I love the hat, the boy getting in the tub and the baba stuck to you.

Prentices said...

Adorable pictures and a good way to spend a "warm" day!

Glad to see that Sam's getting some use from the sling...3rd times the charm!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you really are super mom!! It was very nice here in B'ham and I did not take the time for the kids to outside after MDO. I thought to myself --- naptime and mommy time:-)Love your pictures!

analytics

Blog Archive