finally, the holidays! Funny how it's easier for me to write about a day stuck inside the house than the hoopla of the holidays. But this year there really wasn't much hoopla...
We had plans to travel to Bryan's brother-in-law's family's home in CT, but Charlie woke up with a fever. poor baby.
So, we drug a mattress into the living room, all piled on, and watched the Macy's parade. It brought back one of my earliest memories of my family doing this when I was a toddler.
Because we had planned on traveling, the only thing I had remotely Thanksgiving-ish in the kitchen was pumpkin bread. So we had an Italian take on Thanksgiving from a restaurant down the street. It was fabulous, but the best part was having no dishes to wash.
It is tradition in my family to decorate for Christmas as soon as the turkey goes into the fridge, and I was happy to carry it on. It was so fun to dance to Christmas music (though I've yet to get the Elvis Christmas cd that I grew up with. Christmas just isn't the same without it) and decorate with Charlie this year.
Charlie's first taste of hot chocolate. He liked it.
Busted! (as is Bryan, who was feeling festive enough to pull out the Christmas pj pants)
Not long after we decked the halls, this happened~
and somehow Charlie and I still found time to make Christmas goodies
and make big messes in the kitchen
but it was worth it. so worth it. still worth it (I still have cinnamon rolls in the freezer).
Grandmama gave Charlie the Playmobile nativity set, which he loved. He instantly kissed baby Jesus (because he had just learned from experience that is what you do to babies), and then made him "cry", because that is what babies do (also learned from experience).
but baby Jesus didn't stay in the manger very long~
..........
4 comments:
what a wonderful recap of the holidays! Was different than you thought but how faithful God showed Himself to be.
I love your pictures! What a wonderful time! Lots of memories for those little ones to treasure :)
BTW, I didn't know you could freeze cinnamon rolls... do you do it after you bake them?
you have more cinnamon rolls in the freezer!!??
Somehow I think I missed this post!!???? Maybe I just had a bunch going on at one time. Who knows, but I loved the recap and pictures! This Christmas is going to be great and so much fun! Can't wait.
Post a Comment