Thursday, January 15, 2009

back home

Most people say that if you can survive the first 2 weeks of newborn-dom than you can survive the rest. For me, it's weeks 3 through....well....sometime ahead of today. 

My babies come home from the hospital sleepy, content, and predictable. Then at some point during week 3 they wake-up. for good. or so it seems. 

But even though Samuel was a perfect angel the first 2 weeks of his life, I was so thankful to have my "moms" here. Bryan's mom jumped on a plane as soon as Clay and Heather left, and my mom came the next week. Charlie had a blast, and we all ate well. 


The first 2 weeks home were restful and fun ~ other than having to be admitted to the hospital again due to jaundice. Sam didn't seem to mind though. He had his own little beach-like vacation and slept like a champ. I wished I could have taken his UV bed home with us. really.  

We thought we were going to be able to keep my mom here a little longer due to snow, but thankfully she left only a day later than planned. Though we would keep her year round if we could, we really wanted her to be able to be home for Christmas~ as did the rest of my family. 





~as we all do. 

2 comments:

April Brown said...

There's really nothing like your mom taking care of you especially when you're 30-ish..you just appreciate it sooo much more.

btw...is Bryan sporting a 'stache?

Courtney Higdon said...

love it, love it! Wish I could have been there...I am counting the days until you guys come home again. :)

analytics

Blog Archive