Wednesday, July 09, 2008

curls


to cut, or not to cut?

Charlie, I am so sorry that you have been mistaken for a girl so often these days. It's the curls, I know, but I just can't bring myself to do away with them just yet. Hope we can just wink among ourselves a little longer as we hear "oh, she is so cute!".

And about that wink pictured, it isn't just coincidence, it is one of his favorite things to do these days. It melts me. I'm already imagining a few years down the road......"oh mom, it was an accident. wink, wink". Or, "come on mom, let me stay out past curfew - just tonight. wink".



15 comments:

jess said...

oh my word~that is so cute!!! i love it! his expressions crack me up. i definitely vote not to cut the curls, but then you know my grayson...he's 4 and still considered a girl about 50% of the places we go, no matter what he is wearing.

MaryMartha said...

awww, so cute! I will tell you when we cute AH's hair (because she had soft curls like that, but they were getting long and stringy). I thought the curls would leave...but it just got more curls! You'll have to research that one if you need it...

Laura said...

Don't! I cried the first time I got Audrey's hair cut. It is suprisingly super emotional. Moreover, when Audrey's hair looked about like his, she was often mistaken for a boy (even while wearing pink), so I am not sure we should depend on the general population's opinion as they seem generally wrong most of the time when identifying baby gender. Most of all though, he is super cute and cuddly just the way he is! I wish I could give him a big hug.

heather said...

don't cut them! great picture. i miss seeing him-- and you and b!

Anonymous said...

Don't cut the curls!! Not just yet. Remember that his Uncle Jamie had the curls too. Love you. Alicia

slowpoke said...

oh angie, he's a heartbreaker!

amy said...

my husband's mom didn't cut his curls..and i mocked him endlessly when i saw the pictures. he was such a cute little girl. :)

Mom-of-Bean said...

I would give at least a part of a pinkie for a photo like that of Gus...and yes, we too suffer the "girl" comments because of the curls...but I don't care...people try their best to discern gender and most are so sorry when you nicely correct them...so no hurt feelings...

DON'T CUT! Let's raise little hippie boys for a while - they can be clean cut later...when they have jobs and take their mothers out to lunch...wink, wink

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH he is such the cutest little boy I have ever seen. I am such a proud Aunt! I wouldn't cut the curls yet! Wow incredibly cute!

April Brown said...

DON'T cut them!! He is tooo cute! Someone mistook Charlotte for a boy the other day...with a PINK paci in her mouth! It doesn't matter how you fix their hair some people just don't think, bless their hearts:)

katie said...

no cutting=no crying. ;)
he and elliot would be great friends.

love the photo!

Anonymous said...

can guys vote on this too? well, I vote "present." :)

Elliot and Oliver got those "she's so cute" comments too at this stage, but when we cut Oliver's hair his curls never came back. E's did because we didn't cut his hair as short.

So, maybe just a trim?

The Terrells said...

He is beautiful!! don't cut it yet!! who cares if they think he's a girl- it is too cute! Those pics of ashley are amazing!! Love you

Reba said...

Curls hold a special place in my heart...humidity is not MY hair's friend, but I love what it does to Andrew's! You'll know when the time is right to cut...enjoy the precious baby curls while he has them, and when you do cut, they will most likely re-emerge in their more mature, toddler-esque pattern. I waited a while before I cut Andrew's also. It's just too charming...not to mention that your little guy winks, too!! :)

mcclure adoption said...

KEEP them, KEEP them! i love them, let people think what they want. if they don't pick up on blue clothing, then it's their fault. haha!

analytics

Blog Archive