I've tried not to, but I'm going to start this post as I did nearly each month of Charlie's first year, and I as I'm sure I will each month of Samuel's.....
I can't believe how fast the time has flown!
Really, it seems like yesterday I was admiring my growing belly, wondering how much bigger it would get,
wondering what he would look like,
wondering how our lives would take shape as a family of four.....
And here you are! You've brought immense joy to our family already in your short two months of life, no matter the sleepless nights. Your smile melts me. and your Dad. He actually came running to find me yesterday with you in his arms yelling "he laughed!". We now will turn upside down ~whatever it takes~ to hear your tiny little giggle.
But that is about the only thing that is tiny. If he is not smiling and laughing, he is usually crying. Hot or cold he is. I'm still hesitant to say it is his personality, wondering if things will change when he grows out of reflux.
His brother loves him dearly and has yet to show any signs of jealousy. He is quick to let us know (as if we couldn't hear ourselves) when Sam is crying, and will try to find his pacifier and shove it into his mouth. He also loves to read and sing to him. Especially sing, especially when Sam is crying. It may be a game to see who can be the loudest.
We are surprised to see that his eyes are still blue, and wonder if they will stay. He looks just like his brother did when his eyes are closed, but when awake ~ it's me! His rock star hair, as I like to call it, has a mind of it's own. Does this speak of his personality? Time will tell. I just wish time would slow down a little.

You, little guy, have stolen my heart, wrapped it tightly around your little finger, and let me know in no uncertain terms that I may never, ever, have it back.
6 comments:
he is so cute!
i can't believe he's already 2 months old - how is that possible?
bec
such a sweet boy! How I wish I could get to know him...miss y'all so much!
You need me and Liz to help you hold that baby!
Angie,
He is so perfect and sweet... wish I could hold him at least once!
my gosh. i can't believe it's been two months either!! geez. when will i meet the little guy???
give kisses from me.
From Jamie and I both we are ecstatic and cant wait to see this little bundle of joy!
Post a Comment