My favorite pictures are often not the "perfect" portraits, but the simple snapshots of moments that I want to remember.

Ten things about this picture~
1. This isn't on our bed, but in the living room, where I had slept (dozed a little?) the night before in order to give Bryan a good nights sleep, and to better prop myself up so that the reflux afflicted baby on my chest could sleep better.
2. Toddlers think sheets are really cool, and have a thousand different uses (we had just taken down our fort).
3. I laid Sam down first, and Charlie ran over to lay next to him. because he loves him.
4. Thankfully the sheet is white so you can't see the spit-up that happened only seconds earlier.
5. If you look close, you can see that the toddler's hands are purple. He thinks it's more fun to color on himself than on paper.
6. If you look even closer, you may be able to see that same marker on the sheets ~ from days earlier.
7. My baby's pj's are unsnapped because he has, sniff, grown out of his newborn clothes.
8. I was too tired to take those pj's off and put on ones that fit.
9. My big baby is wearing his new pjs. 2T. sniff, sniff. no more baby clothes for him.
10. I love this exhausting, often chaotic, seemingly mundane, beautiful "moment" of my life.
9 comments:
This seems like a pretty perfect portrait to me!
i really love this shot. such a great one. and charlie reminds me so very much of meade here! they both have those huge brown eyes and meade's bangs are like charlie's. it's so crazy to me that they are only 6 mos apart!
i love it. so the reflux is no better? so sorry!
I love it too! What a great photo and great post! Very sweet!
I love it! This shows what your day is like.
I love it!!! Your boys are just too perfect for words!!!
Love it, Thank you for posting a story with your pictures. I think it is a perfect picture of your sweet "growing" boys!
this is a GREAT shot. I looove all of you comments about the shot b/c I can so relate to everyone of them!!! It's so funny what's actually going on behind our photos. Stopping and gazing at all the details really fills in the blanks.
jennifer
this reminds me of my life 7? years ago... it takes me back... so quickly! two in diapers... *sigh*
hope they grow to be bff's like my two...
Post a Comment