Friday, October 24, 2008
MaMa
We started our 2 week trek in the South in GA to visit MaMa, Bryan's grandmother. This woman amazes me. I can only hope to have an ounce of not only her energy and spunk at 91 years of age, but also her simple faith and optimistic outlook on life. Though I've heard it many times already, I smile every time I hear her say "just like Minnie Pearl says, I'm just happy to be here!". And each time it is as sincere as the last.
I was so happy that Charlie warmed up to her quickly, and even reached for her to hold him. He then happily obliged us and performed all his 'tricks' (which anyone who has a toddler knows, they typically do not perform on command).
My heart swelled as he was friendly with the other residents as well - waving, "helping" water flowers, and playing the piano with his dad.
It's always a little daunting making a list of all the people we want to see during our short visit home, but in the end the hours in the car are always worth it. I felt like I left this day with MaMa's smile, ready to quote Minnie Pearl myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! Sorry i keep leaving you comments but i don't have an email for you. I haven't gotten a camera yet. I am going to another place on Wednesday to see if it can be fixed before looking into buying one and for now am borrowing a camera but i would love to know what you recommend to buy if it is not able to be fixed.
Post a Comment