*baby book notes*
round one:
charlie: "maaaahhhhhm (mom)........ . i need mecine (medicine)!"
me: "what hurts charlie?"
charlie: "eh eh eh" (this is his answer when he either doesn't know what to say, is making the issue up, or is too distracted to remember what it was in the first place).
me: "your bellybutton?" nod. "your eyeballs?" nod. "your earlobes?" nod.
but do i notice his hands in his mouth and remember his molars are coming in. tylenol given.
charlie: "mom, i got a big boogie".
round two:
charlie: "maaahhhm......... sing sooooong!"
oh yeah. bryan usually does this.
me: "what song do you want to sing?"
i'm hoping he doesn't say "the garden song" (i come to the garden....). i don't know the words. bryan always sings it to him because his dad sang it to him. charlie loves the part the joy we share as we tarry there. he always stops bryan to say "charlie share his toys with other kids".
charlie: " jesus loves me".
whew.
jesus loves me is always followed by the "abc's". then "abc's fast".
round three:
charlie: "maaaahhhhhm....... i need hug".
me, in thought: did he really say that? because he never asks that. wow, he totally knows me. because of course i'm coming back in for that!
charlie: "mom. orange paci?".
me: "no charlie, the orange paci is sam's".
charlie: "go get sam's paci?"
me: "um, no. sam likes his paci".
charlie: "boo (blue) paci?"
me: "yes, it's already in your mouth"
charlie: "mom, i got a big boogie".
round four:
charlie: "maaaahhhhm......my cars get dark!" (i can't see my cars).
over. and over. and over.
me: "charlie, it's your cars nigh night time. like your nigh night time. good night cars. good night charlie."
charlie: "mom. i got big boogie".
8 comments:
what's a boogie?
This is hilarious!!!! I needed that good laugh this morning. Haha.
I love that Bryan sings "I come to the Garden"...what a sweet way to go to sleep!
Dang, Angie, get the boy a Kleenex! :)
~AJD
I think somewhere in this house I have a tape of me puting you to bed. The light switch would click and you would yell I can't see, I can't see!
i am dying laughing over here! so glad you recorded this so that you will remember it and smile and laugh... precious.
What a fun post!!! See he loves you so much that he wanted to share his boogie!!!
soooooooooo funny!!!! i know this all too well!!!!
jennifer
Post a Comment