this morning i was surprised to find
two little boxes
just for me.

in them contained
two bed-head brothers
playing happily.
it really has been a gift that recently they've been playing so well together. it's definitely not the case all the time, but it happens enough to give me a breather during the day - a smile for the moment.
last night sam was playing with his little xylophone when i heard charlie say, "wow. good job sam"! my heart leaped. but just as i was walking away from stirring my marinara to say the same to charlie, he grabs it away from sam and exclaims "MINE"! i rolled my eyes. sighed. and then sam says, "mi!". and then i laughed. so this is what i have to look forward to in 2010....
6 comments:
Oh man, that is so cute!
I adore the nursery decorations too! GREAT sign for the wall!
It's so much fun that they are having fun together now! many more fun and exciting times ahead!
I have 3 sons: huett 4 yrs, Sam who'll be 3 in six days, and Charlie, 3 1/2 months. (cute names huh?) My oldest two are only 17 months apart and everyone thought we were crazy when we had them so close together on purpose. Honestly, it's the best thing we ever did, and the best gift we could've ever given them. They play, and occasionally fuss, but they truly are best friends. I have gone to pick them up from preschool on many occasions to see the two of them off playing with just each other. They have built-in best friends FOR LIFE! I am hopful that our youngest will fit into that mix soon. Enjoy those sweet boys! my blog is www.takeahillpill.blogspot.com
come visit! I love yours!
I can't wait to wake up on Christmas morning with these two boys wrapped up under the tree. J/K. Jamie and I are very excited about being there Christmas with the boys. I am ready now :)
I promise the "mine" stuff will get better and they will become fast friends. I love having mine close in age!
Merry Christmas!
Siblings close in age are great. They become each others best friend. Meg and Jack are lost sometimes when they are separated. I love Sam's name on the wall too.
Post a Comment