Saturday, August 09, 2008

bello giorno

lovely day.
It began at the Bronx Zoo.



Although Charlie seemed genuinely intrigued by the tigers, monkeys and sea lions, he also seemed equally excited about the pigeons and ducks on the sidewalk; yet the trip was worth it. He at least has finally seen the animals that we have been making him imitate for months now, and Bryan and I loved watching the baby giraffe darting around the adult giraffes in the field. What a weird, quirky, seemingly out of place, and yet beautiful animal!

If I were an animal these days I think I would be a giraffe (the quirky and out of place part). Arthur Avenue ("Little Italy") is only a block away so we headed there after Charlie was done. We have been wanting to go for a while, for both the cultural experience as well as for the fabulous groceries. Bryan's Italian co-workers always talk about authentic mozzarella, prosciutto, and sausages and the best places to find each ~ on Arthur. It did not disappoint. We came home with bags of the goodness and promptly dug in.

dried sausages of many kinds....everywhere. even the ceilings
and cheese. lots of cheese.
We didn't eat these, hand-rolled cigars, but I did enjoy watching a woman sneak pieces to chew on as she rolled.
Now, what to do with all these Italian delicacies that I've never had in my kitchen before?

12 comments:

katie said...

we went to the sf zoo yesterday! but, we didn't make it through little italy like you guys...

you guys are a cute family.
just like the giraffes.

Elizabeth Mather said...

How fun! I would love to try some of that food! Makes me hungry. :-) We will have to come visit again some time and visit the zoo with you. I don't think my kids have ever seen a polar bear.

slowpoke said...

so fun! i love the pictures. and how you see life. miss you guys :(

heather said...

so fun that you guys have so many new places to explore. what a fun day!

Reba said...

always love your photos!! even the one of sausages is a good one. :)
and hey, i want b'ham to have a polar bear!!
y'all are so cute.

Anonymous said...

When Brian and I visited NY we went to Little Italy as well. Love, Love the fun places to visit and the yummy food. I am also glad that you got to experiance the same. Miss you and Love the picture of the giraffes.

mcclure adoption said...

yum! i love the first pic especially. do you realize how gorgeous you are?

glowing.


oh, and we'll be in brooklyn this weekend...i'll call you!

Shireen said...

You guys are great! I love your family!! :) THANK YOU FOR BEING A MODEL FAMILY, Bryan & Angie.

Bryan, you are definitely missed here at the office! And, Angie, I miss seeing you and Charlie on your occassional pop-ins here! :)

Have a beautiful week!

April Brown said...

Yum! What time is dinner? I can't wait to hear what you do with that deliciousness!

Courtney Higdon said...

How much fun! If we ever come up there, I am just making a list of everything we can do :)

Amber said...

Hey Angie-
I found your blog the other day and wanted to say hello! Charlie is precious! I can't belive you live in NY. CRAZY! I look forward to keeping up with your sweet little family. I hope you are feeling well with this pregnancy. Take Care!

andi said...

What fun...I might be feeling more like a hippo right now myself. :) LOL

analytics

Blog Archive