Wednesday, August 27, 2008

walking

At 15 months, Charlie had been taking steps for nearly half a year, but only when we asked him to. The child is so extremely cautious that we wondered if he would ever do it on his own. Of course, like most of his age, he finally did.

To capture the milestone, I thought I would take him to a local field in front of a pretty bridge and let him kick a ball and run around gleefully as I snapped beautiful portraits. As usual, the images in my head didn't quite make it to the camera. Charlie had an idea of his own ~ the playground. So off he ran, and off we followed.



For a split second I was discouraged. I was not going to get those "perfect" little shots that I really wanted. Then I laughed. Was this my first silly little lesson of letting go of my plans and letting him follow his own? The first of many, I'm sure.

*Or for you a little less sentimental than I......yeah, he's a kid, and there was a playground in sight. What did I expect?!

14 comments:

Elizabeth Mather said...

So cute Angie! I can't wait to see Charlie walking in person. (and I think the pictures turned out great).:-)

Liz said...

Way to go, Charlie! Miss you sweet boy! Love the pics, Angie and how you capture them in stages. (like the blueberries) - I would love to frame them all!

jess said...

he's just so stinkin' cute!
what a big boy!

i so relate to the photo quandry :)
i think you put it well about how we have to learn lessons...esp. in the area as photogs. it's so hard for me to remember that it's not always about ME getting that great shot but watching my kids and documenting it regardless.
very, very sweet pix!

Ginny said...

i'm lovin' those curls. He is so big!

April Brown said...

How adorable...welcome to the world of walking! It only gets more fun for him and frustrating for you:)

Gina said...

My plans would be 100 acres with a house for each of my kids to live in. With a dirt path between the houses.

Gina said...

I would like to add God has the best plans

Shireen said...

"Go, Charlie!!! You'll be teaching your little brother to walk and run!! You look so CUTE! I miss seeing you and your mommy and daddy." :(

Okay, and, Angie, about the names...you know what I'm talking about...Russell and I are absolutely amazed! Amazed! My mouth is still hanging open from reading your email! :)

Gosh, I wish we could hang out. :)

Angie Davis said...

mom, i love your comment, and actually like your plan too. i almost spewed my drink from laughing though when i read "i'd like to add...".

katie said...

he is so cute. i wish he could give elliot a lesson on being timid. that boy could stand to hesitate a bit!!

Courtney Higdon said...

Love the photos Angie! Wish you were here this weekend for Labor Day so we could all hang out...soon, very soon! Charlie is just so cute. My friend came over the other night and we spend like 30 minutes looking at all the pictures of my cute little nephew! You can say I am a little proud :)

étatDame said...

Just wait till you try and get two or three of your kids in the same pictures all doing what you want them to do! You either end up in tears or laughing hilariously! :)

Anonymous said...

Go Charlie!!! Now just come teach your cousin Zeke!

Reba said...

love all the new photos!!! look at the big boy! beautiful pictures, angie. hope you are feeling well!! :)

analytics

Blog Archive