So, I've been tagged by my friend Jessica. Although I enjoy reading others attempts at this game, I've ignored my tag for a few days because I am not very good at these things. To DTR with these games, well, it takes me back to my campus ministry days that abounded with acronyms. But I figure this is a great way to get me to write about something. So hear goes.......
****Yes, I (along with a few others) am too vain to play with my middle name (a great name that I actually love, just tainted by the southern accent, and maybe a few southern "belles" who have also donned it. At least, as our friend Clay might say, it's not preceded by Meeesty) so.....
A - Adjusting. There is the obvious, adjusting to motherhood, but I would say that this week I am feeling the weight of adjusting to marriage with child. How did I ever become so selfish? Maybe my "N" should be needy.....
N - Ntuitive. I'm an iNfp. Nurturing. Night owl.
G - had to get the husband's help on this one, and he quickly replies "good-lookin', great, and gastronomy". ok, so the first 2 show that he is as good at this as I, but the last one speaks. It probably doesn't mean what you think, but the fact that my husband knows what it means says much about me. Or that he has watched an episode or two of Top Chef with me. He says I should add "gourmet chef", although I sincerely say there is room for Growing.
I - Indefineable. This Incapsulates me. I don't want to be put in a box, ever. I am always trying to wiggle my way out. hmm.....maybe that's why I'm not "good" at this game?
E - Explainer (is there also an E word for one who likes to make up words?). I always feel the need to explain my actions or words. *Bryan - "I highly agree"* My friends laugh at how often I preface what I am about to say. This is simply due to a desire to be understood. I guess this is a pretty universal trait - to be fully known and yet really liked, but I think I am the queen of it. Slowly, but surely, the Lord is helping to rid me of this crown, but I know I won't likely see this fully realized on this side of the gates.
I only now realize that I think I prefaced this game!
Whew. Thanks Jess. Ok, I'm supposed to pass this on? Hmm....Heather and Bec are with new babes, and I know you are going to squirm at the thought of this Bec, but I tag you guys anyway. And Elizabeth too.
And Katie, I don't care how oh-so-cool and aesthetically pleasing your blog has become. All eyes are still on you. Just get your husband, or your kids (that would make some great busy-work) to play for you if you have too!
3 comments:
Amen, Sister! Bring it on, Kate ;)
I totally dislike having to describe myself using an acronym, too...it's just uncomfortable, but I do enjoy reading about you!
I am w/ ya on the explainer part. It drives Ray nuts b/c he's such a bottom line kind of a guy! But I always feel the need to explain myself!
alright little stinker. i've been so snowed in lately, blah, blah, blah... i actually wrote mine days ago... just need to proof.
i love all a-n-g-i-e of you!
Post a Comment