Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm sure moms everywhere have experienced it - you lay your child down, expecting a couple of hours to yourself to finally take a breather, kick your feet up, and do the laundry. But just 30 minutes or so later (after you have just wasted that time piddling on the internet) you hear the dreaded wimper (or wail) of wakefulness. You then, if you are like someone I know, race down the hall thinking that if you get there quick enough a pacifier might soothe him back to sleep.

But how can I do anything but scoop him up and smother him with kisses when I tiptoe in, only to see him craning his neck to see over the railing - watching for me.



Of course he can't talk yet, but it's obvious that I have just made his day. He is absolutely ecstatic. What's a few more minutes to myself?

Here are a couple of new tricks:
He is now sitting up


And he has now chosen not his fingers, thumb or pacifier to suck on, but his bottom lip. Smart kid. It doesn't get more convenient than that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is sitin up ... gah he learned a lot in a week, and him lookin over the rail is just as funny as the taco picture

lacey k

katie said...

love those big eyes!
there is nothing like a short nap to test your patience as a mama.
but oh, that greeting when they wake. brian and i sometimes race each other to get the baby out of bed!

étatDame said...

I totally identify!!! Even with a third, I still can't resist picking him up and smothering him with kisses! :) And just like you said, right now, Etienne has been down about 20 minutes, and I told myself I would take advantage of that time to clean the kitchen, but of course, I sat down on the internet for a few minutes before and he will probably wake up before I get to the kitchen! But they grow so quickly, so the kitchen will wait while I cuddle. :)

Amanda said...

What gorgeous eyes! Gotta love those short naps. I'm wondering right now if AC is going to take one at all this afternoon. Ho-hum!

analytics

Blog Archive