I've decided that personality tests might not be needed for those who visit their local coffee shop everyday.
The best thing about being a barista is having a personalized drink ready by the time the customer gets to the counter. Here's your Double, decaf, skinny, dry, light vanilla cappucino Mr. Man! Enjoy.
Here are my theories on a few regulars:
Double, Breve, Cherry, Mocha Man- definitely a Hedonist
Single, non-fat, decaf latte people - boring
Double but a triple cup, decaf, non-fat, super-foamy cappucino lady - high maintenance!
Dine in espresso - not from the US
Triple espresso to go's - up too late on myspace last night
Quadruple red-eye guy- up too late on myspace every night for the last week
Soy chai latte in a mug - tree hugger
Simple coffee men- predictable, but loyal
My favorite customers though are the ones that come everyday but order something different each time. Loyal, yet adventurous.
So what am I you may ask? I guess this means I am an occasionally hedonistic but sometimes boring, loyal yet adventurous, super high maintenance woman!
10 comments:
angie... don't put yourself in such a little box!!!
loved this post...keep writing.
hmm...white chocolate mocha (not non-fat!).......... She likes a sweet life but keeps it real at the same time.
what does nonfat,sugar free, tofee, hazelnut latte say about a person. now i'm paranoid about what my neighborhood barista thinks of me.
Dang it. I'm boring!
What about if you get 2 shots in your nonfat latte? Am I redeemed?
ginny, no need to worry! You neighborhood barista is dying to get to know you b/c he/she is thinking wow, this girl knows how to have fun!
And Amanda, you are on your way to redemption. :)
A one shot latte means you are a wannabe coffee lover, but in reality you are just there for the frills. You are keepin' it real.
Mom I so love that you commented! Welcome to our world!:) On to your diagnosis.........just like your tea, you know just what you want out of life, you are content (well, other than having some crazy daughter on the other side of the country). Although precise, it's a simple drink - you are low maintenence, easy going. It's tea, so your'e Southern to the core (oh wait it's unsweet, that's a west coast thing! Your health conscienceness would fit in well here). Ok, enough. I sure couldn't diagnose people I don't know. :)
Thanks for your input on the culinary school thing, Angie. Would you happen to know the name of the place in Mtn. Brook? I am trying to do some research on cheaper and lower-stress alternatives to Culinard. I don't want to get to the end of school and realize that cooking isn't what I want to do for a career, and end up hating it. And I might just set up a recipe blog, although most of my recipes aren't originals. Thanks again!
And are you an ISTJ? Cause I think we might be a lot alike!
love it. Dad you are easy to please, simple as that! Life would be much easier for we "snobs" if we were more like you. Oh, but you forgot to add your super green make you a fighting machine concoctions. You got me there. I don't know what that makes you!
And now that you are signed in, let's see you blog! what's it gonna be? A golfer's business and theological perspective on the verge of empty nest ness?
i vote this post as one of the most entertaining... comments included!
could this be a book one day? each chapter could be a different drink!!
Post a Comment