Monday, May 07, 2012

Five

It was a fun, full day (week) for my newly FIVE Charlie Baby. He woke to balloons around the house (blown up by Bryan and I at midnight the night before. I do not suggest doing that) and waffles. When blowing his candle out a look of realization flashed on his face as he quickly turned and asked, "am I five now?"

His day fell on his class field trip to Bud's Best cookie factory. Perfect. He was quick to tell all of his friends and teachers that he was FIVE now. We then headed to the park to ride his new ride - a bike with brakes on the handles. Then on to a cupcake shop to pick out his own cupcake with cousins. Bless his tummy, after so many sweets already he took one bite and said he was done.



No, as cute as it is, "Charlie" was not part of the decor...


A few days later we had a party at his favorite park (after a hot t-ball game). 
The one thing he wanted~ 


a pinata. 




I love that they always wear their party hats like unicorns~


Traditional hand drawn card from Grandaddy ~






When first asked what kind of cake he wanted, Spiderman was the answer. Of course. But then I asked if he wanted Spiderman or space?
  SPACE!!!
I was thrilled, being that it is truly his prime interest right now. We even made a trip to the Huntsville Space Center a few months ago. We have plenty of years left for Spiderman. 



A little scared of the candle...


Baby now knows what a cupcake is. And don't dare tell her she can't have one. 

Holding my breath that it would actually work (and that there would be no fatalities in the process)~



An attempt at a picture with his 2 best buddies~


and my candidates for future daughter-in-laws....



We ended the day with dinner (and another party of course) at GG and Pop's. 

Fun, full day for my favorite five year old. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday, Charlie!!!

Liz said...

love how in one of the pics Sam was so excited his feet weren't touching the ground! Fun day!

analytics

Blog Archive