Wow, 2011. Full year. In so many ways. Lots journaled and many photos taken, but posted here...not so much.
And that's ok.
But here's to trying....
November/December (it's kinda all one big blur now)
Charlie's Thanksgiving "feast" at school


He was a little dissappointed that the real Thanksgiving feast didn't include candy corn, cubed turkey and cheese, and m&m's.

Thanksgiving morning. Macy's Thanksgiving parade~

A quick family shot. At one of the many family gatherings.


The highlight of the season ~ Christmas tree day. I'm allergic to the real thing, and yet I don't think I can go artificial. Such a fun day! Charlie had his sights set high. literally.
He was sure this was the one, and tried to convince us as well~

He finally agreed that we needed the roof to stay intact, and we still let him pick it out.
He really wanted to do it all himself~
Once the tree was home all the other decorating and merriment began....
Charlie's school Christmas program. He was so proud. He told us beforehand that his teacher told him to do this (picture small smile with no teeth, pageant wave) when he saw his parents. And that's exactly what he did. Always the rule follower. Except for one brief moment he couldn't contain the excitement and he threw up his hand in a quick wave. I thought my heart would burst. I couldn't have been more proud. Even if he didn't know a word of the verse his mamma was supposed to help him memorize.

Extended family Christmas~
4 nerf happy cousins. Can you tell which one pegged the cameraman in the forehead .5 seconds later?
Getting crafty and transforming our Thanksgiving pumpkins into Christmas snowmen~
Annual gingerbread house making at Grandmama's~
Followed by stripping to skivies and splashing in puddles (only in Alabama?)~
Christmas at GG's~
Wevi wuvs Wiwie~


Christmas Eve~
Christmas lunch at Grandmama's (though pic not taken then....)

I love taking photos of my kiddos, and do often. But it's usually the "everyday" moments that inspire me. The big events aren't usually captured due to celebrating myself. Hence the only 2 pictures I have of the day....
But I did (so thankfully) follow my Dad's tradition of setting up the video camera for Christmas morning. I don't want to forget my first year playing Santa; first year at home; first year of hearing squeals of delight when I answered "yes!" to "is it the real Christmas day yet"? First year we spent more $ than the grandparents. First year to cook breakfast on Christmas morning....
First year I wasn't sad when it was all over.
Best Christmas ever. But happy to welcome January.


5 comments:
I always love seeing pictures of your sweet family!
Happy 2012 to you, friend!
ps... I sent you an email not long ago... not sure if you got it?
o my word - love the pics of levi kissing lillie!
Love your pictures and love keeping up with you through them. Take care old friend.
I love the pictures, love, love Levi loven on Lillie. Love the last picture of Lillie's big smile. Love all those babies.
happy holidays to all of you!! i too love lillie's face while being attacked/kiss by the cousin! so sweet.
Post a Comment