It was celebration enough to simply have my parents and sister come to town for Charlie's birthday, but we managed get out and have a little fun as well (if only for a day).
It rained the rest of their time here, so we ended up having a birthday "lunch' at the mall.
You would think, like we did, that he would love that (above) wouldn't you? What kid wouldn't?!
but he preferred chocolate. The apple sure didn't fall far from the tree!
As fun as my birthdays were growing up, planning a party for my own child took the cake. The anticipation of watching him ooh and ah over gifts and candles made me feel like I was 10 again.
Not that I planned or did much of anything! In fact, the cake could have been deemed a disaster, but I decided to laugh instead. The birthday dinner? Chinese take-out. Even my dream of great pictures didn't happen.
yet it was all perfect.
It is a long standing tradition that Bryan's dad draws on his children's, and now grand children's birthday envelopes. Being a bit on the sentimental side, I love it.
Charlie loved this one.
In case you forgot what birthday it was....
We had thought about getting Charlie a basketball goal for his birthday but didn't ~
until Bryan spotted one on the side of the road. Thankfully Charlie didn't mind getting "trash".
After an hour of working up a sweat from slam-dunks and high-fives, we finally convinced him to pause for cake. He was ecstatic. For over a month he had been asking me to light candles and sing while he blew them out.
And the cake, oh the cake. Didn't I mention that already? I was almost too vain to post any pictures of it. It was supposed to look like a cute dump truck, but ended up looking more like a cross between that and some sort of space alien. It made for a good laugh. and how could I not post this?!
The rest of the weekend was spent around the house due to the rain, with a few breaks at the park.
Thank you GG, Pop, and Lace! It would not have been the same without you.
You guys want to come celebrate his 25 month birthday?


8 comments:
Yes, we will come to the 25th birthday party, maybe we can walk!
I could just eat that birthday boy up!
I just love the way he is looking at that great basketball goal his daddy trash picked for him. The only thing better would be if it came in a box so he could play with that too.
How fun!!! I love Lacey's expressions while playing with Charlie. And, I can't believe Sam is able to sit up in her lap...I mean, I realize he is getting bigger but not that big :)
The cake is hysterical. What an awesome mom you are to attempt such a thing.
I'll come! Charlie is adorable even sans curls...
The cake takes the cake, it's its imperfection that makes it special and serves as an inspiration to bake something for Gus' 2nd birthday...you keep me laughing and going up there in the big city!
What a fun time y'all had. Charlie is really looking so big to me. It looks like he had a special day. And I LOVE the cake! Looks like he really liked it too!
love charlie's little fingers holding up "2"!
i have that white shirt you are wearing :) in fact, i wore it today...here in bama, where it feels like fall! go figure!
Only wish we could have been there. Maybe we can come for his 26 month birthday or so...humm...maybe so :)
Post a Comment