"We" are pregnant! Bryan and I have sat on our news for quite a while, waiting until our move to tell our parents as well as friends here in Birmingham. We had to remake that decision every few days though, because we wanted so badly to tell everyone. It was somewhat of a selfish decision - we just wanted to see the family's reaction for ourselves! Needless to say, it was priceless.
I am almost 12 weeks along, feeling pretty crummy, but that should be getting better soon. We have moved into our house, but have not gotten very settled yet. On one hand it's nice not having to do all the dirty work (painting, moving the heavy things), but on the other it is so hard not to be able to do all that I want to. I'm so thankful for our family that has graciously given their time and energy to help us!
Pregnancy definitely made the journey out here a little more interesting. I was in tears nearly every time we had to decide where to eat. I hate all food right now, and had to decide between a handful of fast food places for lunch and dinner every day. I actually "craved" a McDonald's hamburger during the first couple of weeks of pregnancy, but that quickly faded. When it came time to move, McDonald's was no longer my friend. Well, except for that one morning I had my heart set on an egg mcmuffin and it wasn't breakfast time anymore (I know you would understand Katie). I had a meltdown. Just ask Bryan.
More meltdowns to come, I'm sure. I'll keep you posted.
7 comments:
Congrats! A little bun in the oven! We'll have to get together sometime soon.
well, it may be better for me to avoid your blog for a while. i like to pretend that you're really still here... and i can't when i read!! can you just make up a post about walking on castro st.??!
i'm happy you are in your new house... and i miss you terribly. k
Came across your blog because we have the same name.Congratulations on the little one.
So glad you were here to tell your families in person. A bit selfish, but so much more fun. We are glad to have you guys around too! BTW I see the not-so-subtle reference to where you would rather be in your profile.
nice one guys.
great news! keep looking after yourselves. things are just fine down here in kiwiland!
ok JD, you're busted. It took us a while, but we finally figured out who it is that is in "hiding". We can't wait to read your thoughts, so come on out!
Post a Comment