We made it. We really made it.
The first half of our journey was wonderful. I was struck by the accomplishment of man at the Hoover Dam (did you know that the cement is so thick that inside much of it is still cooling and setting - and it was built 60 years ago! Thanks for that insight BP). Then I was dumbfounded by the beauty and majesty of God driving through the National Forests that lead to the Grand Canyon, and then of course the Canyon itself (all the pictures I have seen cannot begin to capture how amazing it is). The artistry didn't end as we drove through the Painted Desert, rock monuments and mountains of Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado. All of it made me think that the beauty that we try to create (even the Rembrandts of the world) seem like kindergarten scribblings. But I think the Lord looks at those "scribblings" as we would at our own child's work. He reminded me that our creativity is a reflection of Him!
We made it to Kris and Bec's stomping ground and had a great time over beer and pizza, sampled some brews at Bristol Brewing Co., saw the Garden of the Gods, and took a scenic drive through the mountains. The highlight was just being with them. Gosh I love those people.
There is not too much to say about Colorado on.....not to say that it isn't pretty. We realized that the South really is beautiful, just not quite as awe-inspiring as the West. So I just tried, but failed, to sleep. It got pretty miserable. As did the food. I'm just not a fast food kind of girl.
We are now enjoying some time with our families while we wait to move into our new house on Sunday. You should come by! Free pizza!
1 comment:
Where is your new house?
Post a Comment