Katie Prentiss is a long time friend of mine, and when she told me she was coming to Birmingham last summer (has it really been that long?) I knew I had to make a shoot with her happen.
I can't jump into photos without reminiscing a bit though...
My earliest memory of Katie is when she showed me (and a group of about 50 other college age girls) how maternity jeans worked. It was easy to become friends after that. A couple of years later I remember feeling true stress for possibly the first time in my life. I was graduating college and feeling pressure to do big and glorious things, yet feeling also the pull to just stay home and work for a year. She reminded me (though I'm not sure I really knew it) that God was more concerned with who I was becoming than what I was doing. What a relief.
And that's pretty much how our relationship went for a while. I laugh now at the thought of me sharing my hardships in life with her while we were both living in California. She had just moved across the country with 3 kids the same ages that mine are now. Bryan and I were newlyweds, with our hardest decision (in hindsight) being wether to sleep in our spend the day in San Francisco.
Ah Katie, how gracious you are.
Snapshot of our visit with them in Portland last Spring~
Even with our history, Katie had never met my kids before our shoot. Yet of course with ease swoops in like she's known them all their lives, and they let her. So much so that as of this shoot, no one outside of home had seen the fullness of Lillie's personality. I don't have to tell you what that means. These images say it all ~





I treasure these KP, and you. Thank you, thank you, and come back soon!!
You can see more of Katie's work here. While you are there, go and vote for your favorite image of 2013! You should be totally unbiased, and vote for that cutie squishing her mommy's cheeks with the sweetest kiss ever!
***after posting I realized that all of the images are different sizes. ugh. Hopefully I will find time to go back and fix this, but I don't have the heart to take them down until I do!


.1000.jpg)


















2 comments:
angie!!!! this is so kind and beautifully said.
maternity jeans!!! haha... so funny now to think about that.
i love you and all your people so much. thankful for our sweaty southern shoot together! mwah!! xo.
I know, right? We were both different people then :) But the same too.
Thank YOU for shooting through the sweat!
Post a Comment