My superheroes.
They save me every day.
Really they do.
Without them I just may be doomed.
To myself.
I would read more, my house would be cleaner, and my muscles would be much more toned I'm sure.
My coffee wouldn't get cold, my showers would be longer, and my wardrobe more extensive I know.
And money. Well I'm not even going to talk about money.
Of course I don't really know what I'd be doing without them.
It was on a day like this that I was washing dishes, and thinking (as I usually do while washing dishes. and folding laundry. and driving....and any other moment of the day where I'm not talking).
I was thinking of all the conversations that I wish had gone differently, of how I misunderstood I felt, and just getting stuck in my head as I like to say.
If you know me, you know I do this a lot. Get stuck in my head. It's not healthy.
And then one of these guys runs in and says, "Mom! You're on fire! There is fire all over you! I'm going to save you!" as he begins to douse me with his invisible "water sprayer". And I snap out of it and play along.
See.
They save me.
They really do.




4 comments:
Angie, this is absolutely beautiful.
I love these superheroes! and they save me from myself too! Love you, Angie!
Without these superheroes I may already sitting in a rocking chair.
love this post!!!
Post a Comment