Monday, February 13, 2012

little bunny

While letting the boys ride bikes at a nearby park,
I spied a little bunny in the grass
watching their every move ~




I've found myself taking fewer and fewer photos, for many reasons. Sure, usually all my hands are full or every ounce of my attention is needed, but often it's simply that the setting or light isn't great. So, I'm challenging myself to capture moments I love, no matter how dark my living room is, or how harsh the sun is at noon. Hence many of the not-so-pretty photos I've posted. Lots more to come I'm sure, but I'm learning to make the most of it.

For instance, the photos above were taken around noon. I never pull my camera out then
- while the sun is most harsh, beaming straight down and casting shadows under eyes. But bunny was so stinking cute I did anyway. I just turned her until her whole face was shadowed. You can see that if I had turned her just a little to her right, her face would have been in the sun, and eyes squinty with shadows under them.

Sure, the light is still harsh around her and the whites in the photos are blown-out, but I got my bunny.


3 comments:

Gina said...

So glad you took the pic. I really don't have good pictures of my kids growing up, but I wouldn't give anything for the pictures I have.

April Brown said...

oh.my.goodness...what a sweet baby bunny!!! I adore her!

katie said...

yes! perfection doesn't matter with our own kids pics! she's adorable!

analytics

Blog Archive