Saturday, September 03, 2011

7 years happy



This morning I woke after 5 hours of sleep - drowsy and wishing the kids had waited longer than 15 minutes after the sun came up to wake. I stumbled around and tried to ignore what a disaster our house was. By 8am it was time for Lillie's nap. I closed my eyes with her while Bryan took the boys out for breakfast.
I thanked God for him.

This morning seven years ago I woke after only a few hours of sleep - glowing and rejoicing that it was finally time to get up! My best friend April was in the next room, and we spent the morning getting ready for one of the best days of my life. My wedding day.
I thanked God for Bryan.

I don't remember much about the details of that day, but I do remember what I felt. Yes, I was incredibly happy, but what I remember the most is that I didn't have a care in the world.
So what if it's a monsoon outside and my hair is a mess, I'm marrying Bryan today!
Even then I began to notice that I made some quick (and poor) decisions about dresses, flowers, colors, venue...almost everything, but I just didn't care. Someone had told me before to remember it was about a marriage, not an event. I thankfully took that to heart. As long as I had Bryan and a pastor I was happy.



And the best part is

7 years, 5 moves, 3 kids
and a lot less sleep later,
I still am.





7 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Gina said...

Happy Aniversary! So happy you two are a family!

becca said...

happy anniversary! so glad he married you too =) love y'all!!

Amy said...

happy day!!!

April Brown said...

Happy Anniversary, sweet friend!! Knowing you as I do, there is no one else I could have chosen for you. I love how Bryan loves you and your sweet children. And praise the Lord that a marriage is so much more than the wedding! :)

molly b. said...

Yay! Happy 7! That is a beautiful picture of you, friend. Such happiness.

katie said...

i'm happy you have one another too!
xo.

analytics

Blog Archive