Monday, January 10, 2011

i'm dreaming... of a mudroom

we woke to the much anticipated snow (er, ice) this morning. though we let the boys trample in it last night as it was falling, they couldn't wait to get in it as soon as they woke up.

too bad bryan didn't want me slipping on the ice.... i was so disappointed to have to stay in my cozy robe and sip on my coffee while watching them through the window....




after playing by themselves nearly 45 minutes, charlie came in with frozen gloves and asked, "mom, why is snow so cold"?

after giving him an answer and thinking we had a great science lesson, sam chimed in "why is thunder so loud"?

after wiping the dumbfounded look off my face i sent them to ask their dad, who was working from his home office ~


oh lovely snow day.

i organized my tail off (bryan is afraid i'm already nesting, meaning surely i'm going to have another early bird), made white chicken chili for lunch, and game day pizza (made with this method - the best!) for dinner.

and since the winning field goal was kicked only seconds ago, i'm going to put it out there. words i never thought this blog would see....

war eagle!

4 comments:

The Shulls said...

My guys played and played outside yesterday too! I was a good and cozy day. It's so funny, I made Annie's chicken ranch pizza the night before! Her recipes are solid!

Angie Davis said...

M, I was introduced to her site b/c of you - I think a fb comment. Love it!! Thanks!

I should clarify that I have yet to use her recipe, I simply use the same method for baking it - rolled thin, preheated baking stone, 500 degrees. It's essential to me now! Though I'm sure the recipe is perfection as well.

Prentices said...

Wow - that was an incredibly productive snow day! Now if you managed to squeeze in a shower too, you'll be my hero. Wish the boys could've played together...while we drank our coffee together inside!

Leah said...

Happy to see your husbands Auburn spirit rubbing off on you. We were lucky enough to be there, cheering them on. Glad you guys are doing well.

analytics

Blog Archive