Saturday, November 08, 2008

18 months

Seriously, I can't believe my baby is a year and a half. 

Growing taller, speaking more ~ I love his pronunciation of 'car' and 'girl' and laugh every time he says 'uh-oh' and 'oooooh eddy!' (all ready). 

He's growing more affectionate ~ occasionally giving me a kiss out of the blue, or asking to be held, which rarely has he ever, even as a baby, seemed to care about. This of course melts me, though my growing belly is making this harder each week. 

He knows where the baby is and eagerly kisses, pats or tickles 'him', though obviously clueless about what this really means for his near future. I can't wait to see him interact with his brother

Still a snaggle-tooth he is with barely 3 on top and 2 on bottom. Finicky, finicky eater. sigh. I was the queen of getting kids to eat healthfully ~ until I had my own. 

We seem to be going through separation anxiety as he now screams when we leave him in the nursery or with anyone else. Not fun. For him, or for me. And fits (as in "pitching a fit"......I said that to a lady today and realized how Southern I was) ~ they were cute for a while. not anymore. 

But to say I love him isn't enough. There are no words. My heart seems to be full to the brim. And yet I seem to have room for another? I do, I do. 

5 comments:

Gina said...

I do too! Our cup is running over. How long can I call him Charlie baby? Gurney called Jamie my little man for years and years.

heather said...

i can't believe it either! the cliche saying is true-- they grow up so fast!

Liz said...

He's such a precious boy and so much fun! Your pictures capture him so well. So adorable! Love him and can't wait to get to know little brother!

Anonymous said...

Love your sweet post. Tell Aunt Gina ---- Call him Charlie Baby even when he makes that touchdown or hits a homerun --- I am sure he wont mind:-)

Amanda said...

So cute!

analytics

Blog Archive