Monday, June 16, 2008

uncelebrated but appreciated

Although yesterday was Father's Day, the only celebration was getting to have our first "normal" morning as a family in our new home. Normal as it may have been, those couple of hours were heaven.



All the preparation and anticipation of our move really made me think about "leaving and cleaving". I remember standing at the alter nearly 4 years ago, being so filled with joy and butterflies I couldn't say the words fast enough......I promise......love honor and cherish......obey......in sickness and in health......'til death do us part.......

I meant every utter. Towards the end of our walk back down the aisle as husband and wife we ran. Ran out the door. Ran towards the life together that awaited us.

Since then there has been times where my running comes to a pause. Not out of question, but of more full realization. You mean we aren't staying here in my cozy hometown in an owned home near my family and my closest friends? You mean I'm to truly GO where you go? You mean marriage isn't a simple skip, hop, and jump to bliss? I am thankful for the pause, because the answer has resonated so deeply in my heart.

YES! I'll go.

And joyfully. I am so thankful for the struggle it has been to say good-bye. It has made me realize that my husband is enough. He is my best friend, the one I want to be with all the time, always. You're still my favorite.

And, our son's favorite. I walk in the door and Charlie smiles. Bryan walks in the door and Charlie squeals, claps, and races to him. I know every child squeals when their Daddy comes home, but those squeals truly speak of what a loving, attentive, fun father he is.


I am humbled by his heart. his selflessness. his labor. his love.

Happy belated, uncelebrated, Father's Day.


4 comments:

Mom-of-Bean said...

Like I said, I missed you!
Thanks for posts that make my heart well up.
yes, we would have fun together! But NY would be VERY SCARY for us - we're country bumbkins...
I'm letting Gus'hair grow, as well, and it resembles a bad combover...but it's sweet to me.
Looking forward to seeing another bumb take shape with your words to give it meaning.

Reba said...

Sweet daddy's day post!! :) Glad you are content & joyful with your guys up there. Just yesterday, Andrew totally ran past me, straight to Drew when hubby & I came home from dinner. Thanks!! :) But it is so sweet to see how much they love each other. A special relationship, as you see with your guys!! Loved the pictures of Brian & Charlie. We miss y'all!!

slowpoke said...

so sweet, angie! happy dada day, bryan!

jess said...

what a beautiful picture of marriage. as always, you have such a way with words. beautiful post.

analytics

Blog Archive