Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom


I have often heard others say that becoming a mom makes them more appreciative of their own mother. I can say the same.

Now that Charlie is one, I am no longer the new mom toting around her bundle of joy. I am a parent. I am responsible for those scary things like training, disciplining, rearing......and I think, Mom, how did you do it?

Thank you for letting "Gina-go" become Mom joyfully, wholeheartedly. You not only provided food on the table and clothes to wear, but a refuge to come home to. Thank you for persevering through my Junior High years, and beyond (I guess you are still persevering, huh?). Thank you for letting me become me - trusting that the Lord holds me tight.

My other sweet Mom reminded me of a book I read in college, Stepping Heavenward, and this quote made me think of how you must have thought of us:

Here is a little mouth to kiss;
here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery.
Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost,
since it is abode of a kingly tenant.
I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all.
Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mothers heart,
welcome to her time, her strength, her health, to her most tender cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blessed!"
Thank you for thinking not of what your children would take away, but what they would add to each day. What you have brought and continue to bring to this life is priceless.
Thank you. This day, and everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very good mom and when Charlie is 30 he will tell you so.
I love you, mom

analytics

Blog Archive