You are still quick to smile and easily brought to laughter, which still brings us to tears at times.
You gasp and squeal when your dad opens the door at the end of the day, and then look at me like I just came home too.
You sometimes cry when we leave the room now, which I must admit, I secretly like.
All of this, but you are also easily frustrated (don't they say this about smart kids? :) I can't help but laugh when you make your new "mad face" (last picture, as well as many others here). I see it often, and your dad tells me that I shouldn't laugh every time because one day it may not be cute anymore. But my laughter somehow breaks through your frustration, if only for a moment.
So many new "tricks", faces, sounds.......you are so utterly, what's the word? CHARLIE. You are your own person. I know that although I hold you tight, you are truly not my own. I am grateful that the Lord's grasp will always be tighter than mine. I pray that it will feel this way to you, even when you are doing those scary things like driving a car, dating, making all sorts of decsions that I'm sure I'll wish I could make for you.I pray for you the verse, or chapter rather, that I have held as my "go to" passage for years. Psalms 139 has penetrated my heart countless times, and I pray it will yours as well.
"Oh Lord, you have searched me and you know me.........you hem me in, behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.....where can I go from your Spiriti?........you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully made; Your works are wonderful. I know that full well...."
I pray that you will.
4 comments:
i miss him.
love his "mad" face :)
He is SO cute; it is amazing to see so much personality in those pictures!
I love his mad face Angie! He is so adorable!! Can't wait to see y'all, hopefully soon!
Hey, Angie,
I'm enjoying keeping up with your pictures and updates on Charlie! :)
Thank you for sharing!!
Shireen
Post a Comment