Thursday, December 27, 2007

My new love

From the title, and from my previous 42 or so posts, you may assume I am talking about Charliebaby......but can it be that I am attempting to write about something else?!

Last Christmas, my thoughtful husband bought me a digital SLR. I held it with both excitement and intimidation, tears in my eyes. I have always loved having a creative outlet, but I am such a dabbler. I get really excited about a project, but inevitably leave it half finished. I have always been known as a jack-of-all-trades......master of none.

So, I held my new silver baby knowing that there was much to learn, and new challenges awaited. That is, if I wanted take full advantage of what I had. Why buy a Jag only to drive it around the block? Until the last month or so, every mode but auto-focus has been collecting dust as I have basically been playing with composition only. But slowly I have been trying out my "P", "AV", and even my "M". Although frustrating at times I am loving the challenge! It helps that I have the perfect little subject crawling around my house at all times. Well, I say "perfect", but I think constantly moving objects might not be the best to learn with, but he is definitely motivating.

So, bear with me as I continue to post hundreds of only slightly different pictures of him. I know the grandmothers don't mind, but for everyone else I post all but a few on my picassa site. Also, forgive me if you are near and I am obnoxiously in your or others face with my camera. I'm not at all attempting to be a professional (my brother deemed me "Zap girl" this Christmas - really b/c of my new flash), just taking others advice to snap away, and simply because I love it! Surely the newness will wear a little and I will better find the line between obnoxious and appreciatively capturing the moment.

To keep continuity with my other posts........

Ok really I just posted it because it is so cute. He thought he was pretty funny.

2 comments:

G. Twilley said...

We love seeing your pics online, so post away!

Shireen said...

SO sweet, Angie!
Keep working with that camera!
Charlie IS the perfect little subject!
His eyes are just amazing!

analytics

Blog Archive