Sunday, February 04, 2007

Poochin' Proof


Week 25.

I'm currently at 26 - only 14 to go! My doctor as she was measuring me on Friday said, "wow, (shaking head) this baby is really growing"! She says that after the scale told me I gained 4 lbs. in only 2 weeks! Did I really just put that out there for all of cyberspace to know?

Although the scale confirmed it, I previously had no doubts. Our "little" one has been pushing on my ribs for 2 weeks now. He obviously prefers my right side - I often have a slight, to the right, lopsidedness to my stomach. I can't sleep on my right side due to the pressure he puts on whatever organs are there, and my right leg will frequently go numb. Are we sure this kid only weighs 2 lbs.? I'm sure though this uncomfortable feeling is mutal - there is just not much room in my short torso for both of us! Poor kid.

I am growing more and more excited each day about meeting Charlie. It's amazing to think that this little child still in the womb is already known by God, created intricately with his own personality, talents and gifts. Of course I often wonder what he will look like, but even more so, who will he be? What will he be interested in? What will excite him? How will the Lord use him?

As I feel him move around I think about how even though it is happening inside me, I have no control over his little kicks and squirms. Although he is utterly dependent on me, he is also completely independent of me. As much as I want to think he is simply my little baby, he is even more so a child of God. How can we be so blessed?!

4 comments:

katie said...

i just hate you right now. i'm sorry, but it's true.
and my baby boy will be able to squish charlie.

just praying you get huge for my own vain glory.

katie said...

oops, what i meant to say, is that you look adorable and that i'm so happy charlie is growing strong! and 4 lbs is nothing to even think about!! enjoy this time... wish you were here.

Angie Davis said...

only a true friend would leave the first comment. and let me just ask again, what number are you having?

April Barber said...

You are too cute! Glad to see that little belly of yours. I like hearing what you are thinking.

analytics

Blog Archive