Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Bungee Belt


I have found that maternity clothes are never, ever as cute on as they are on the rack. As soon as I put on the typical empire-waist shirt with a tie in the back, I don't feel like a pregnant woman but like a little girl with a belly. I know I basically have to get over this and just wear what fits, but it's hard to throw all of my personal style out the window just because I'm getting fat. Don't get me wrong. I am fully aware that I am no fashion diva, but I just want to still feel like "me".

So to all current or soon-to-be friends with child, let me introduce you to my favorite maternity invention - the Bella Band (or as my brother-in-law has named it, the bungee belt). I am amazingly still able to wear my normal jeans because this little contraption allows me to wear them unbuttoned (even unzipped when I've gone a little overboard on the ice cream) while securely keeping them in place. And thanks to the current trend of layering tops, it's not too obvious (although my shirt usually comes down lower than what is shown in the pic). Well, until now. I guess my secret is out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever need to borrow any of my shirts, let me know. I'm sort of a large dude.

analytics

Blog Archive