I think I am beginning to get out of the stage of pregnancy that my friends like to call the "is she, isn't she?" stage, and into the "the belly is always the first topic of conversation" stage. It has mostly been pretty weird for me to have my stomach constantly in the spotlight, always being evaluated; but at times it is really fun.
Today I was in Lowe's buying paint and the cashier says, "you paintin' the baby's room?". I laugh and respond, "what gave it away, the stomach or the colors?". Her response will go down as my favorite so far, "girl, you poochin' ". Both me and the woman behind me burst into laughter. The other girl quickly let me know that she was only laughing because she is due in May. It turns out the same time as me. We all break into conversation about babies, doctors, etc.
I'm glad my belly can strike up a fun conversation among strangers. Let's just hope it quits soon after the little one is born.
7 comments:
so...did she say girl, or did she said girrrrrl...?
i love that!! although i think i might merit that comment after this baby for quite a while unless some sort of surgery occurs. i would die if i heard it without the baby inside!! :) my comments at your stage were like this: "wow, you really pop, don't you!"
hi angie! how fun! i don't know what poochin' means tho... like a doggy? like pouches? i dunno... is this a suthn term?
i checked out your pix from Christmas (on you guys' site), but couldn't see belly! me wanna see!!
to gene, it was definitely the latter. and to peggy, i wish my comment to gene could help you understand better, but yes, I guess you could say "poochin'" is southern, but "pooching" would not necessarily be. basically, my stomach is sticking out, popping, protruding, rounding, making itself known....pooching. :)
The cashier's response to me being 23 weeks was "well, girrrrl, you must be 'bout to 'splode (explode) 'cause you got a long way to go". Can't wait.
dogs,babies and pregnancy break down walls between strangers! I love it.
Me too! So basically, everyone who is not with child (either in womb, or in tow) should get a dog. Oh, but maybe a visible crazy tatoo would function well too?
Hilarious! Wish I could have seen your face after that!
Post a Comment