I've heard often heard other moms say that being a mom gives them a new appreciation for their own mother. It is so true.
There is something almost dreamy to me about the picture of a new mom toting around her little bundle of joy, and new parents looking over their little speck in his crib and kissing with joy and amazement the he is actually theirs. Despite the lack of sleep and forced selflessness of the past year, it truly has been dreamy.
But somehow, faster than a blink of an eye, "toddlerhood" is now staring me in the face and I'm realizing that I am now truly a parent. I am now responsible for more than physical needs, but also for all those scary things like training, disciplining, rearing........no, not so dreamy. It is truly overwhelming to think that I am responsible for raising a human being. I do not think it is true that God will not give us more than we can handle. I think He gives us more than we can handle alone. It is a beautiful thing when I come to the end of myself, of my own strength, and realize my need for Christ in not simply my words and actions, but in my thoughts, emotions, in the depth of my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment