Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lucky

If I believed in luck
I'd be feeling quite lucky today.



A few weeks ago I was standing in a patch of clover in the yard while the boys played. I ran my hands through the leaves and thought about how my grandmother could always find a four-leaf in seconds flat. She probably still can. Before the memory was even over, staring me in the eye was this one ~ taller than the rest, making it easy for me to spot.

And maybe that's what I think luck really is.
Being able to see the extraordinary
in the ordinary.

But that would make luck
something to be exercised.

So will I choose to see the flower for the weeds?
I hope so.

Today, I will.




4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love this, Angie! Have you read "One Thousand Gifts"? This post reminds me of that book. It's about practicing thankfulnesses and seeing grace in ordinary things. Really good. Miss you guys, but love reading your updates!

Angie Davis said...

brittany! fun to hear from you! i've heard so much about that book (and the author) but haven't read it yet. definitely on the to-read list though. hope to maybe somehow catch up with you soon!

Gina said...

Growing up our front yard had lots of clover and we spent hours looking for four leaves. It's a great memory. A great thing to do with the kids.

katie said...

what a sweet photo!! love you and your thoughts...

analytics

Blog Archive