Monday, November 07, 2011

my Spidermen


So yeah, the boys were Spiderman(men?) this year. They talked for weeks about being Angry Birds....but when they found out that Spiderman was an option the Birds got the boot.

I took them outside after trying on their costumes and before I could even get my camera set, they were off to save the day.

They aren't really sure who or what Spiderman is.......
But he must be cool. Sam's version even flies.


Learning from big brother how to cast a web~



This photo is my fav. I told them to give me a Spiderman pose.


And then a Spiderman face....


Charlie has a little better grasp on that.




Each year I wonder why we even "celebrate" this crazy holiday. It's not like I want my kids to come home with bags of cavities, nor do I want them to see scary faces on the streets. And what is it that we are celebrating anyway?

But I do love rubbing shoulders with my neighbors, watching my boys grow giddy with excitement as they transform into anything they want to be, and reminding them that they can always be just that. Teaching them that we celebrate freedom from fear (my made up reason to celebrate this year, even though I want to teach them the real roots down the road, as well as Reformation Day).


Fun times with my Spidermen and teddy bear.
And cousin Levi the giraffe!

2 comments:

molly b. said...

For a moment I was like, What?! A fourth baby?!

Freedom from fear. I love that. Must remember it.

Miss you, friend. We need an email date soon.

Amy said...

that was a great reason to celebrate!!!

analytics

Blog Archive