Friday, November 26, 2010

Great Smokey Mountains

Wear's Valley, TN
Vacation with the family ~ mine

Hanging out in the cabin, sharing stories, grilling out (venison, of course), hot chocolate, a few surprises (to be shared on another post..), a brief trip to Gatlinburg...

but the highlight, for me, was our mini hike in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park with GG and Pop. Hopefully next year we can make it more than a mini.







Pop showed the boys how to make boats out of leaves and sticks and watch them float down the creek.





I didn't like it when someone swiped the camera so that I could be on the other side of it....
but I'm thankful for this moment captured. I'm always unconsciously brushing the boys hair with my hand. It's not about the hair. It's me saying "I love you so much and think you are the cutest thing that's ever walked this earth. Therefore I can't keep my hands off of you".





thankful.
for family.
love.
beauty.
and the one who created it all.

10 comments:

Lacey Kay said...

Ang, these pictures are GREAT! I love your "DAVIS" too! really cool! I want one now.. make me one :)

Angie Davis said...

will do! i'm sad i don't have more (or, um, any) pictures of all of us!

Gina said...

Lace, you have Angies old camera, so you can make a White. We said Angie looked like grandaddy as she took pictures of the rocks and trees. Daddy always printed the pictures and put them in a drawer, I'm glad Angie can post them. Daddy would be happy!

Lacey Kay said...

Im not good at taking pictures and I want good pictures!

Carolyn said...

so funny about you brushing his hair... I CONSTANTLY do that to mine! but like you said, it's just b/c I think he's so precious, and I want to see his pretty face. :)

molly b. said...

love this post! you look awesome even if you were caught on camera!

April Brown said...

love the pictures!! You look great...as always:)

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love this post. It does remind me of Grandaddy. Also, I love that you "brush" your boys hair and you have it capture.

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

these are excellent photos!!!! i also like your comment on brushing your boys hair. I do the same and for the same reasons, such blessings they are. lots of love your way, jennifer

The Shulls said...

Your pictures are amazing!!! I love to read about your family. It's inspiring!

analytics

Blog Archive