9 months later.... I can still hear the phone ring, feel the anticipation......and then the excitement of hearing "it's a girl!".
I couldn't wait to be her big sister, and one day her friend.
She was girly from the start, hardly wearing anything that wasn't pink and frilly (except for that 101 Dalmations outfit that she wore holes in). "Lacey" fit her well........although, today she pulls off camo as well as the boys.
On the surface it may appear that we couldn't be more different, but I have often heard that I remind others of her. It is a true compliment.

It's hard to believe that 20 years have passed, but I love that the 11 year gap between us seems to grow smaller each year. Gone are the days where I dressed her up and carried her on my hip. Now she tells me how to dress, and carries my child on her hip.
I know you are not much for sappy sentiment - that is why it has taken me a while to write this. I've been trying to come up with something funny to say (you're the only girl I know who never wears matching socks.....and still looks good?). But I love that I have the freedom to be me, and you still kinda like me.
Thanks,
Lace.

Happy, happy birthday!!
1 comment:
sisters.
you're a good one too... i love watching you love your family!
lacy, you're beautiful! happy birthday.
Post a Comment