Sunday, March 04, 2007

From Fear to Freedom

I've been greatly impacted by the book I have been reading by Rose Marie Miller, From Fear to Freedom, and have been wanting to record some thoughts about it for some time. It is very much a book for the single, the married, the parent, the child, and for me - the often guilt ridden and condemed, the bearer of bitterness towards others whether conscious or not.

It is basically the honest and vulnerable story of her personal journey, mainly involving her family. In her words I see how conditional my own love and forgiveness is, how narrow my view of the gospel is, how I crave comfort and control, how weakly I view prayer (especially questioning God's willingness & power to transform the most difficult issues).......I could go on.

One quote I took away from her this morning is, "prayer is partnership with God coming to expression in words". Partnership in my prayer?! You mean it's not begging and pleading an untouchable God to intervene on my behalf? Is this at least part of what it means to be "in Christ"? To be a son, rather than a slave?

I'll keep reading.

No comments:

analytics

Blog Archive